Monday, July 9, 2012

I made business cards for the upcoming Industry Day held by my program for graduating students. I'm not sure how I feel about it. the card actually has a full bleed (no white border like that seen here).

Friday, June 1, 2012

adam is addicted.

This is going to serve as the opening and closing shot of my MRP. I traced over a photograph in photoshop to give it a rotoscope-type feel, then i painted it. Finally, I blurred the photograph and left it on low opacity in the background to give the entire image a sense of depth and richness. The second image shows one of the brain paintings I did for the project in situ. This will zoom in and show the sagittal section in the first minute of the film to explain reward pathways. Painting is so much more fun and calming than maya...

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pharmacluster project

Mock ups of final Information and Data Visualization Project. Pharmacluster was meant to be an interactive module dislaying a pairing of neurological and psychiatric conditions along with available treatments. Upon selecting a cluster of disorders or a single disorder, all available treatments would be visible, with the option to view brand names, dosages, pharmaceutical companies currently producing the medication, and a very brief explanation of mechanism of action. Time constraints did not permit completion of the project but I am quite happy with the resulting design. I hope to complete a functional prototype sometime in the near future. To see all the details, please click on the images to view.

Some MRP assets

Sometimes I wonder if this really is a 3D project. I have so many 2D assets. Here are some digital paintings (Photoshop CS 5.1) that will appear in the final animation.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

First Data Vis project of the term. This was really fun.